Director(s): Cristian Mungiu
Main cast: Marin Grigore, Judith State
Short synopsis : A non-judgemental analysis of the driving forces of human behaviour when confronted with the unknown, of the way we perceive the other and on how we relate to an unsettling future - from the multi-award-winning director Cristian Mungiu.
Long synopsis : A few days before Christmas, having quit his job in Germany, Matthias returns to his multi-ethnic Transylvanian village. He wishes to involve himself more in the education of his son, Rudi, left for too long in the care of his mother, Ana, and to rid the boy of the unresolved fears that have taken hold of him. He’s preoccupied with his old father, Otto and also eager to see his ex-lover, Csilla. When a few new workers are hired at the small factory that Csilla manages, the peace of the community is disturbed, underlying fears grip the adults, and frustrations, conflicts and passions erupt through the thin veneer of apparent understanding and calm.
- Marin Grigore, Judith State
- Producer(s): Simona Paduretu
- Director(s): Cristian Mungiu
- Screenplay: Cristian Mungiu
- DP: Tudor Vladimir Panduru
- Editing: Mircea Oltaeanu
- With the support of the Creative Europe Programme: MEDIA Films on the move 2022
- Genre(s): Drama
- Production company: MOBRA FILMS, WHY NOT PRODUCTIONS, Les Films du Fleuve
- Language: Roumanian